O No I am in Pain
No Pain No Gain! I mutter those words yesterday when I was working out after already hurting my hip and legs from my leg day workout. While I am about pushing my body to new limits I am not about hurting my body. Yesterday was upper body training so I pushed through the run with my hip hurting, and told myself “I am taking it light today” while knowing maybe I should have taken a day off. While I push my body I know my body was hurting, but I didn’t want to stop.
I am not an advocate for working through the pain when your really hurting your body. There is a big difference of pushing your body until it hurt, and still working out when your body is telling you to take a break before you actually hurt yourself. I started my college career majoring in exercise science, I know the proper way of training and in proper way of hurting ones body. Even though I am trying to reach my fit anniversary I don’t want to be in so much pain that I am out for a week instead of taking a day off. One day wont ruin my lifestyle change. It won’t make me gain back 50 pounds that I already lost.
Remember Your Limits:
- Know your body limit!
- Pushing oneself does not mean hurting yourself!
- I understand No Pain No Gain, but don’t continue if you already went through the pain just to become fit.
- Stretching does wonders to your body
- Take the day off its better then getting seriously hurt and taking a week or more off from your training.
- One day wont make you gain back your weight
- Did you gain your weight in one day “No”? So all your hard work won’t go away in one day either.