Spring Cleaning: Wardrobe Edition
By: Ms. J
Spring is almost here! Most people take this time to clean their homes. This yearly act of cleaning your home from top to bottom allows you to refresh, de-clutter and repair any and all areas of your home. Most people are so focused on the areas that visitors see upon entering their home, that they forget cleaning their closets. If they are not cleaning their closets, it is most likely that everything gets dumped and/or forgotten there. Before spring officially begins, let us refresh and lighten our closets and wardrobes. This can get ugly, so do not try to overwork yourself by completing all of your closets in a day. It would be best to work on them one at a time.
Cleaning up your wardrobe may hurt but at the end of the day you will be happy.
1. Start by taking everything out of your closet.
2. Clean the actual closet top to bottom by dusting, sweeping and wiping it down.
3. Sort through your clothes and put them piles; the good, the bad and the ugly.
4. The good clothes are clothes you wear on a regular basis, they are classic timeless pieces in mint condition.
5. The bad clothes are clothes that you need to give a second glance at. Do they have potential to become re-invigorated? Are they worn out?
6. The ugly clothes are clothes that are out of style, ill-fitting, ripped and haggard.
7. Don’t throw away the clothes you do not want. Out of the bad and ugly clothes choose the ones that are acceptable to donate to charity. (Keep the receipt for writing your donation off on your taxes).
8. Put everything neatly, facing the same direction and color coded by season (A bit OCD?).
9. Place sachets in your closets and drawers to keep your clothes smelling nice and fresh.
One thought on “Spring Cleaning: Wardrobe Edition”
I’m going to do just this! I have so much to get rid of. Clutter is so stressful but part of being happy and sustaining happiness is getting rid of all that loads us down and honestly my clutter physical and emotional is really an eye sore to me lately. From clothes, shoes, college textbooks, papers, etc I’m letting it all go before summer! It has to GO! love this post!