Today is National Wear Red Day! Did you know that heart disease and stroke kills 1 in 3 woman every year? Wearing red bringing awareness to this problem. Make sure you wear red today and help bring awareness.
‘Go Red For Women advocates for more research and swifter action for women’s heart health. Nationally, the movement is sponsored, in part, by Macy’s, who has raised more than $50 million. Women are reminded to Go Red in the following ways:
- GET YOUR NUMBERS: Ask your doctor to check your blood pressure, cholesterol and glucose.
- OWN YOUR LIFESTYLE: Stop smoking, lose weight, be physically active and eat healthy.
- RAISE YOUR VOICE: Advocate for more women-related research and education.
- EDUCATE YOUR FAMILY: Make healthy food choice and teach your family the importance of staying active.
- DONATE: Show your support with a donation of time or money.
This Friday, everyone is encouraged to:
- Wear Red to show your support for saving women’s lives.
- Show how you Go Red on your social media profiles using #GoRed.
- Donate to help raise funds for awareness and research.
For more information, visit http://www.GoRedForWomen.org or call 1-888-MY-HEART (1-888-694-3278).”
Read more on http://www.kristv.com/story/28033786/national-wear-red-day-february-6th