By: Ms. K
I don’t diet, I eat clean. I have decided to change my lifestyle that does not make me live on a diet plan or diet program for the rest of my life. Eating right is a lifestyle change. I am not perfect, the last five days I have not been preparing food simply because I had no food in my house. I was eating out more and more. Even though I was working out I was not preparing my food. I love to workout means I need to eat clean as well.
Continue reading “Meal Plan”
By: Ms. J
Most people seem to consider eating healthy as difficult for many reasons. One of the main reasons people do not eat healthy is that they consider it to be expensive. The price of healthy options such as fruits, vegetables and juices versus junk food such as burgers, snacks and sodas create a disadvantage to those who are on a tight budget or low income. Here are some tips and tricks for lowering the cost of eating healthy.
- Shop at your local supermarkets and farmers markets
- Use the flyers to tell you what is on sale
- Shop for fruits and vegetables in season
- Make a list of everything you need for the weeks ahead before your next trip
- Slice, dice, Ziploc and freeze fruits and veggies to preserve and reduce prep time
- Cook more at home versus eating out
- Reduce portion size of food and increase water intake
- Reduce your intake on meat /chicken once a week by making a meatless dinner or lunch Continue reading “Healthy Eating on a Budgets”