Smile so hard you can’t tell if my eyes are open. (They are!)
By: Ms. J
There is nothing more breathtaking than a smile. An infectious, light your face up, coming deep from within smile, can change not only your day but another person’s day as well.
Many people have told me that I have a mean face. My response is that it must be the New Yorker in me; however I do take note and try to have a more pleasant face. This of course never lasts long because I feel awkward smiling and being cheery for no apparent reason. On the other hand, when people do see my smile, they say I have a nice smile (even when I had braces). It makes sense that people would say such things. What person wants to be around a sourpuss? Even if you are feeling content, your facial expression might say otherwise and sends a different message to others.
If you are like me and have yet to master the pleasant “poker face”, here are some tips to help you out.
- Try to think happy thoughts
- Look at a picture that makes you smile (ie: pictures of happy babies such as my little brother makes me smile)
- Think of a joke or a funny moment that occurred
- Look at an instagram/facebook memes
- Set a timer to remind you to smile on your phone
- Just remember your going to eventually get wrinkles, try to make them happy ones
2 thoughts on “A Smile is the best Accessory”
I totally agree that a smile is infectious. If I see someone in the grocery and he/she looks sad, I always smile and r\usually receive one back. I especially love smiles that show through the eyes though. Blessings,
Thank you for the comment Ellie. It is my hope that people would become more friendly to one another and they can start with a simple smile.