Smile so hard you can’t tell if my eyes are open. (They are!)
By: Ms. J
There is nothing more breathtaking than a smile. An infectious, light your face up, coming deep from within smile, can change not only your day but another person’s day as well.
Many people have told me that I have a mean face. My response is that it must be the New Yorker in me; however I do take note and try to have a more pleasant face. This of course never lasts long because I feel awkward smiling and being cheery for no apparent reason. On the other hand, when people do see my smile, they say I have a nice smile (even when I had braces). It makes sense that people would say such things. What person wants to be around a sourpuss? Even if you are feeling content, your facial expression might say otherwise and sends a different message to others.
If you are like me and have yet to master the pleasant “poker face”, here are some tips to help you out.
- Try to think happy thoughts
- Look at a picture that makes you smile (ie: pictures of happy babies such as my little brother makes me smile)
- Think of a joke or a funny moment that occurred
- Look at an instagram/facebook memes
- Set a timer to remind you to smile on your phone
- Just remember your going to eventually get wrinkles, try to make them happy ones